Damit es auch alle verstehen, gibt es den Beitrag auf Englisch 😀
A few weeks ago the green walnuts received the Blogger Recognition Award! This award is given from one blogger to another to appreciate the hard work we are putting in our digital endeavours. It is a wonderful feeling to know someone acknowledges your efforts to spread your eco message week after week and appreciates your contribution.
Shout out to Nadine from the zero journey, you absolutely made my day and continue to put a big, fat smile on my face <3 Thank you so much for the nomination!
How the green walnuts started.
I started this blog now over a year ago because I was just overflowing with information 😀 After I found out how much zero waste resonates with me, I followed my natural instinct and researched everything I needed to know. My friends and family were really patient, but there is just so much they could hear about waste reduction on a given day.
So I decided it was time to share my passion for more sustainable, greener and simpler life with a wider audience. My idea was to share easy to implement changes to make less trash without being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there.
We do not have an endless supply of most resources, including our time and money. Let’s make sure we use them intentionally <3
You can read the long version of my story here (only in German).
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
That’s a funny one because I do not think I am an „old“ blogger. However, after a year of posting one blog post almost every week (in two languages), I can’t really deny I am not a complete newbie anymore.
What would I have liked to know when I started my blog?
1. Do it your way. There are so many blogs out there and it makes absolutely no sense to copy them. Find your own voice, use it and spread the message you are passionate about! That way, you won’t lose the joy of it all 🙂
2. Talk to each other. One of my most favourite parts of my blog is that I can connect with so many like-minded people worldwide. You are a full-hearted eco-warrior, but feel alone? Not anymore 😀 Take the opportunity and talk to people from all over the world who share your love for the environment!
I follow mainly blogs from the US, Canada and the UK, although there are so many blogs directly in my backyard (so to speak). For some reason, it took me a while to find them! Therefore, I decided it was time to recognize (smaller) blogs written in German or based in Austria and Germany.
To you all, I think your content is great and I am looking forward to new blog posts every week! Thank you for putting in all the hard work.
My nominees 🙂
Annabelle from oh hey magic
Susann from kiwikado
Alex from live life green
Tanja from blattgrün
Annemarie from ein jahr im glas
Susanne from free of waste
Mira from roedluvan
Katharina from katharina gustaf
When you are nominated, there are a few steps that you need to take to accept the award nomination. These are the guidelines:
- Write a post about your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers to nominate.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I would love for you to join and spread the appreciation 🙂
An once again, thank you to Nadine – make sure to check out her blog the zero journey!
Nicht vergessen, zum Nachhaltigen Blogger-Adventskalender geht es hier entlang – alle Bloggerinnen, die hier mitmachen haben eine große Portion recognition verdient 🙂